Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 06, 2012

Yarn Obsession #2


     So last week I ordered a set of foam interlocking mats to use for blocking, and since Knit Picks offers free shipping on orders over $50, I got to spend some $25 on yarn!  The amazing thing about this website is that the high quality yarn is dirt cheap.  For example: the green, white, and purple hanks are 100% baby alpaca wool, and 440 yards.  Want to guess how much they were? $5.50 each.  The pink hank is 100% merino wool, but the gray is only 75%.

     Nearly 2,000 yards of practically pure wool for only $24.  I am in love with this website.  It was quite an amazing Christmas present to myself!  :)  As you can imagine, the three baby alpaca skeins are to die for.  I've never had any kind of alpaca wool before, and it is so soft!  


     I'm planning on using these three for a colorwork hat I found a few weeks ago that I instantly fell in love with.  So excited!

     The other big new is that I found out last night that I have been selected as the winner of a set of needles in a giveaway that Helena Stewart from Ignorant Bliss Knits put together last week.  She was giving away an incredible eight sets of needles that she no longer wants or uses, and is even paying for shipping for all of the sets to go anywhere in the world.  Talk about generosity!  Especially when all of these sets are extremely high quality.  For instance, the set I won, the Addi Lace Click Interchangeable Needle Set is valued close to $130.  My jaw just about fell on the floor.


     The set contains nickel-plated needles in sizes 3.5-8.0 mm and red cables to make 40 cm, 50 cm, 60 cm, 80 cm and 100 cm needle lengths.  I can't wait until it gets here!  Unfortunately Helena lives in Finland, so it may take up to a few weeks to ship here.

     That's it for now.  Hope you're having a wonderful Friday!

xx
currently listening to.... My Paper Hearts - All-American Rejects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx