Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Knitting for Confidence #1


     So for those who didn't see the blurb I mentioned at the end of my last post, this is a new section that I'm adding to my blog.  For years after I learned to knit, I only made very basic scarves and hats because they were easy, and because I was terrified of the idea of doing more complicated things like socks, cabling, or, heaven forbid, knitting on four needles.  After learning all of these things, and finding out that they are indeed nothing to be scared of, I decided to create Knitting for Confidence.  The idea behind it being that I'm going to try techniques and projects that seem dauntingly hard, in order to build confidence in myself that I actually possess a certain degree of knitting skill.  So here we go!

     This morning I broke out my new blocking boards and pins and blocked my Falling Water scarf that's been on my needles since November 25th.  This was my first time blocking anything, and I'm wondering if I should undo my bind-off row and knit for a few more inches... It was originally 59" and I blocked it to about 65".  But we'll see.


     I unpinned it and held it up and I think it looks great!  I am totally thrilled with the way the pattern looks now that it's blocked.  I'll be definitely knitting this scarf again in the future, with a different color.



     That's it for now!  Have a lovely Saturday afternoon.  :)


xx
currently listening to.... Misery - Paramore

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx