Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Knitting for Confidence #2

Today I was at Starbucks to meet up with Will and chat for a bit, since we haven't exactly touched base in the last month.  Anyway, I was there for about an hour waiting for him to get off of work, and knew I would be ahead of time, so I packed the project I started last night: a pair of super soft, merino gloves for me.  After I had my deliriously-happy-looking pink tumbler filled with a really good white mocha, I sat down at one of the tables outside to wait.

The reason this is a Knitting for Confidence post is because I really hate knitting in public.  I'm ridiculously self-conscious about it.  Which is totally absurd, because it's something I love to do.  As much as I say that I don't care what others think about me, unfortunately, that's not true most of the time, especially when it comes to knitting.  It doesn't help that I was surrounded by throngs of middle school students who are always at this Starbucks in the early afternoon; an age group that seems to make fun of everything, including knitting, which "is for grandmas."

Even though I was slightly hunched over my work, and my hair was hanging in drapes around my face (obscuring most of my view, and thus, others' views of me), I picked up my work anyway and worked away at it for an hour until I couldn't feel my fingers (because of the cold).  Also until the point where I needed safety pins to hold the thumb gusset stitches, which I didn't have.  So even though I'm still insanely insecure about knitting in public, at least I'm taking steps to alleviate it.  Which is good.... right?



The other amazing news is that my Addi Lace Clicks came today!  I was so excited to see the package on my front entry table that I actually started shrieking very embarassingly, and sort of jumping up and down.  I'm very glad no one was home at the time, haha.  ;)



I'm actually still surprised that it only took eleven days to ship from Finland; but, I'm not complaining!  I can't wait to put them to use!!  And is this not the most amazing package you've ever seen?  So pretty!

I'll be back tomorrow with an outfit post.  Have a wonderful evening loves!  xx

currently listening to.... Bad Day - Daniel Powter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx