Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Pink Sunrise


     This is the project that's currently on my needles: a pink lace shawl (my first ever!).  I must first apologize for not taking a picture of it stretched out; I was in the middle of a row when I left it last night, and I got home from work today just in time to shoot it in the last few minutes of sunshine.  It's also a little more pink, and a little less orange than the pictures show, so I'm hoping that morning or early afternoon light will reflect that better than near-dusk sunlight.


     I'm using Knit Picks' Shadow Tonal laceweight yarn in Queen Anne; it's something that I've had my eye on for quite a while, and finally bought it a few days before the year ended.  I've never used lace before, and my fingers feel ridiculously bulky, and almost clumsy, trying to handle such thin yarn.  It's coming along okay though (minus a few mistakes... whoops!), and I'm in love with the pattern.  It calls for 100 yards more than I have, but I'm hoping that the 4 sizes difference in needles will make up for it; I'm using 3s, and the pattern calls for 7s.


     I started it only three days ago, and I'm hoping to have it done within the week.  Perfect for the start of classes next week! (not....)


     Have a lovely rest of your Monday night!


     xx
currently listening to.... More Than a Love Song - Fireflight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx