Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cloudy With a Dash of Luck


As promised, here is the post on the neckwarmer/cowl I made the other day.  Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that this stitch sucks up inches like no other.  As you can see, I blocked it ridiculously aggressively.  I still love this stitch to death though, and a second cowl in it is already on a set of needles.  This time, I know to account for a huge amount of extra stitches, though.  When I did this one, I counted enough stitches to give me a length of 45", and what you see above is only 30" around.  Luckily I was able to block it to 36", so now it's sort of a decent length. It's pretty tight, but I wore it all day today and was super warm.  :)

I've included two pictures of it below because it hangs differently when it's on a hanger.  And I'm sorry I only have one picture of it on me; one quick pic was all I had time for on my way out the door to class this morning.  In both pictures it's wrapped twice around - closer to a neckwarm than a cowl, but that's okay.

The other majorly exciting news is that I got my iPhone today!  I have been waiting five whole years for this puppy.  And been anxiously counting down the days from three months ago, when I found out I was due for a phone upgrade five months before my contract expired.  I'm ssososo excited!  :D  That's it for today loves.  Have a wonderful evening!  xx

currently listening to.... Inside Out - Eve 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx