So I spent my afternoon being extremely crafty in making this vase (it isn't really, but it's much nicer to say than pens-needles-and-odds-and-ends-holder), and thought I would create a tutorial on it so you can make one (or five) too!
Here's what you're going to need:
1. // At least two colors of yarn (I used five)
2. // Craft glue
3. // Your choice of container: milk carton, soup can, etc.
4. // Scissors
5. // Paper towels (you will end up with glue on your hands. No doubt about it)
1. // Begin to apply glue in a strip down one side of your container. Conventional wisdom might tell you to apply glue everywhere, but this is really unnecessary and will only create a huge mess.
3. // Once you've wrapped the entirety of your container, cut the yarn and glue the end in place.
4. // Apply glue onto your base yarn in approximately the size you want your dot to be.
5. // Carefully wrap the yarn in a circle around itself, pressing it into the glue as you go. This took me a few times before I got into a rhythm, so don't give up if it doesn't come out perfect the first time! Create as many dots as you want, in any size you want, and you're done!
I hope you have as much fun with this as I did! xx
currently listening to.... Flake - Jack Johnson