Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Knitting for Confidence #6: Deep Water


I haven't mentioned this project at all to you, so here is my surprise reveal!  I started this top on the 15th, and finished it up yesterday afternoon.  It only took four days to knit this - the rest of the time was spent waiting for more of this gray yarn to arrive in the mail..!  I ended up running out of it when it was about 3/4 done.  I swear, the mail always takes a billion years longer to get to you when you're waiting for something important!  And you must forgive my floral bikini that's peeking out from behind the lattice-work top; I took these pictures after I got home from lifeguarding.

This is definitely a project I'm going to do again in the future, only smaller!  I took in about three inches from the body of this shirt because it was so loose.  And it was smaller than the 'small' on the pattern to boot!  But I still love this shirt to death - the eyelets along the ribbing, the boatneck neckline... it's so adorable.  I also added in a tiny band of cream yarn between the two main colors, which wasn't part of the pattern, and I love how perfect that turned out too!

Anyhow, this is a Knitting for Confidence post because one of my New Year's resolutions was to knit five things I've never made before, so here's #3!  My others so far are colorwork gloves and a shawl.  & the name of this post is borrowed from the colorway of this blue yarn.  It's so lovely!  Have you tried any adventurous projects lately?   xx

currently listening to.... Now That You're Gone - Bebo Norman

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely top! Where'd you find the pattern? I love to knit, but garments are a new thing for me. I made my first ever cardigan a few months ago and it's all wrapped up as a Christmas gift. I have a jacket and a sweater pattern I want to start, but haven't yet. I'm extra nervous about trying to figure out the fit, but thankfully I have a friend that's extra good at knitting and helps me all the time.

    But this top of yours looks fabulous! =) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's this pattern http://www.purlbee.com/cap-sleeve-lattice-top/

      Delete
  2. Whaaaat? Knit color block? Yes please! This is awesome and I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thus is so cute! Love the colours and the top detail! P.S - you left a comment on my blog suggesting I link my email to my blog, how do I do it? I just tried then realised I didnt know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sweater is seriously gorgeous! And it looks great on you! I've never had any luck when I've knit sweaters a whole 2 times before.

    Lesley bytheporchlight.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx