Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Spatter


These are the two most recent iPhone cases I've done - one is for my now former boss, and the other is for a girl I went to high school with.  My boss asked for one with Jamba colors, and I knit it in the order that they present in the Whirl (red/magenta at the top, down to green at the bottom).  The other is a bit more straightforward, as you can see.  But it's now become one of my favorite cases to date!  I love how perfect this shade of pink went with the white - it's like conversation hearts morphed into a case!  Plus I stumbled across this button in my mom's hidden stash and instantly knew it would be the one for this case.  I'm going to be sad to see this one go!  I guess I can always make another one... ;)  I also finished my intertwining cable headband!  I love it.  :)

So yesterday my ex and I (we dated for a short while five years ago - no drama here; sorry!) went up to Sebastopol to visit the country's biggest carnivorous plant nursery: California Carnivores!  He has a few at his place that I've seen, and they creep me out a bit, so I was a little reserved about tagging along, but decided to anyway.  And it was totally fascinating!  Even though I kept my distance from the really big plants, the ones that captivated me were the miniature ones - most of them were no bigger than your thumb.  After that, we explored downtown Sebastopol, and stopped at a local ice cream shop, then hit up In N' Out later on on the way home!  Have you done anything fun this weekend?  xx

currently listening to.... Shake Your Pom Pom - Missy Elliott

4 comments:

  1. I love that little skelly on the bench! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those iPhone cozies are so wonderful! I really love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can find others in my shop:
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/StringofPurlsKnit?section_id=11078881
      Or feel free to email me for custom colors! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What a cool place to visit too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx