Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Soft and Sweet

   
     First off, I can't believe I'm making a post before noon. This is seriously amazing, considering most of my posts are done in the wee hours of the morning!

     This was a mug warmer I made over the weekend, and something I've been thinking about making for months, but never got around to.  So glad I finally did!  This thing is amazing; I love it to death.  I drink hot chocolate seriously all the time, and it's annoying that I can barely touch the mug for five seconds when I pull it out of the microwave, for it being so hot.  Problem solved! I've already used the warmer a few times, and it absorbs enough of the heat of the mug to make it the perfect temperature to wrap my hands around it, which is one of my favorite things about hot beverages!

     I decided to use this yarn I have on hand that's been sitting unused since spring.  I fell in love with it the instant I saw it and immediately bought two skeins of it!  It's by Nashua Handknits in Granite; the color is called Teal.  70% wool and 30% acrylic of gorgeousness that I could just eat up!  I just love how beautiful this yarn is.

     As for the lovely buttons, they are courtesy of my sewing basket - I had no idea they were there, and got super lucky, because they match perfectly!  The pattern is a varigation of the seed stitch, and the loops were made as I-cords.  If you'd like the pattern, feel free to ask and I can write it up for you!


     Tomorrow Will has an appointment to have more X-Rays taken of his foot; these will be the first since the ones that were done an hour after his surgery (September 9th), and will give us some indication of how his foot is healing.  Should be fun!

     Have a great Wednesday!

xx


currently listening to.... Howl - Florence + The Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx