Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th! (& blogiversary to me!)


I'm not trying to brag or anything, but isn't this one of the most spectacular pictures you've ever seen?  It reminds me a lot of forming stars in a galaxy (thanks astronomy!), and I've been gazing at it for hours, entranced.  I took it last night at the county fair, and I'm thinking about turning it in for the photography contest through the fair next year.  ;)  I took a lot of other firework pictures but don't want to share them because, although good pictures, none are as beautiful as this!  I don't want to taint its image.  ;)  (Btw, did you catch the moon?)  These are some of my favorite pictures from the fair - this year's theme was "Celebrating Marin Agriculture," so a few of them revolve around that.  Others I took just for fun.  ;)

And you did read this right - as of today, I have been blogging for exactly one year.  It's so hard to believe!  I was watching a few vlogs on YouTube that night, and all of a sudden I thought, "Writing a blog could be fun."  Before that night, if you had asked me if I would ever write a blog, I probably would have scoffed at the idea.  Now, I can't imagine my life any other way.   Blogging gives me a purpose to share my thoughts, ideas, projects, and photographs in a way I was never able to do before.  And although I've gotten my fair share of weird looks ("Can you take a picture of me for my blog?"), I wouldn't trade it for the world.  It's truly amazing to look back at my first few posts and realize how far I've come - in my style of writing, how much HTML and coding knowledge I've gained, and the people I've been lucky enough to "meet." Not to mention my knitting! Wow, that has changed for the better by leaps and bounds, all thanks to Ravelry. Without them, my eyes would never have been opened to the truly vast array of knitting patterns and techniques, not to mention the community.

So, in honor of this anniversary, I'm going to field any and all questions you may have for me (do you secretly wonder if I sleep with my socks on?  Or are you dying to know my favorite knitting technique?).  Knock yourselves out. And I mean that - anything goes!  Leave a comment, or email me (megancooper13@ymail.com) and I'll put together some answers in the next few days.  :)

To blogging year #2: here's looking at you, kid.   xx

currently listening to.... Adulthood - Jukebox The Ghost

2 comments:

  1. shoot....you just made me realize that i missed my 2 year blogiversary!! dang.

    well congrats to you!! i should've known you'd be at the fair last night..i was there too! you got some great pics. :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx