Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 05, 2012

Once Around


Today I went with my grandmother in Mill Valley to visit one of her friends who is also a knitter, and we spent a few hours chatting about japanese yarns, and knitting stores in the area, and the different projects we've done.  Quite a lovely afternoon!  She recommended we stop by and explore a yarn store that was only a few blocks away, called Once Around, so we did!  And oh, boy, am I glad I did.  This shop is marvelous!  I couldn't believe how comprehensive all their supplies were, which ranged from acrylics and sketchpads, to quilting and rubber stamps.  Every imaginable craft supply was there.  I just wish I lived closer!

I told myself beforehand I wasn't going to buy anything (by that I mean chanting it over and over in my head..!) but that quickly dissolved when I discovered they were a carrier of Malabrigo yarn (my all time fave), and had a few skeins for only $9.  How could I say no??  I finally decided on the teal-green skein below.  I also now understand why everyone is mad about Madeline Tosh yarn.  I'd never seen or felt it in person until today, and it's now firmly on my must-have list.  Anyway, here are some pictures of my adventure in this store!  Enjoy!  xx

PS.  I celebrated 10,000 miles with my vee-dub, Abbey, today!  So, I also attached a picture I took earlier of her.  And a shot of where I call home.  :)

currently listening to.... Edge of Desire - John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx