Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Etsy Finds!

Hi guys!

     Hope you're having a great week - I definitely am!  I have found a great new job as a receptionist at a hair salon, and I start on Monday!  I'm super excited about it.  Mostly because I can finally leave the job I've held at the movie theater for the last year and four months.  I had my last shift tonight, and even though I've wanted to leave that place for the last 12 months, I was a little sentimental about going.  Anyway, that's behind me now, and I'm looking forward to starting somewhere new.

     I wanted to share some of my Etsy favorites with you, so here they are.  Very adorable finds!

©maechevrette

     This first one is called The Love You Make by maechevrette.  I absolutely love her work; it feels very rustic and personal.  She makes all kind of art in this style, and it is so stunningly beautiful.  The one below is the other one tied for my #1 fave.  I was a competitive swimmer for 11 years, and the water is such a big part of my life; I feel I could stare at this for hours!  I don't have words for the beauty she creates.

©maechevrette

     This paper lantern made by Zipper8Lighting, is also on my list.  It just looks so awesome!  Unfortunately, this particular lantern has already been sold, but check out some of her other creative (shout out to the cocktail umbrella light!) hanging lights.

©Zipper8Lighting


     I have to admit, I fell in love with this yarn by YOSPUN the instant I saw it.  But how could you not?  It's like cotton candy in a skein of yarn!  I'm at a loss of words to describe my love for these colors.  Just wish I wasn't a broke college student, so I could buy it..!

©YOSPUN

    So I'm kind of obsessed with finding cases for my laptop, and this one is definitely at the top of my list.  Even though its elements are simple, put together they are simply gorgeous.  The bronze closure adds a subtle rustic feel, and I love the nautical stripes.  You can find this bag and others like it on BagyBag's page.

©BagyBag
     The last one on my list is this "Picture Me Pretty" camera necklace by chenzi.  At first it caught my eye because I'm a photographer, but I bookmarked it because I'm ridiculously sentimental, and the phrase 'capture life' struck me.  It is kind of ironic though - when I was a kid, I took pictures of everything, for the sole purpose of documenting life; so I wouldn't forget anything.  So I suppose this necklace sort of suits me. :)

©chenzi


     So that's it for tonight.  I hope these cute finds opened up some doors on Etsy for you!
     
     I'll be sure to make a knitting post soon - probably on Tuesday, because tomorrow is my anniversary, and Monday is my first day of work (on top of classes..).

     A final question though: should I make an Etsy finds post a weekly thing? Maybe a bi-monthly thing?  Is it helpful or enjoyable at all?  Let me know!


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx